Motorcycle Helmets Nolan N102

Nolan Helmets. Quality Motorcycle Protection.

2008_Nolan_N102_Solid_N-COM_Helmet_Cab_Yellow
2008 Nolan N102 Solid N-COM Helmet

Usually I write in this blog about stuff I'd like to have. In this case, this helmet, the Nolan N102 N-COM is an updated version of what I already use so it's kind of broadcasting, but also, as always, a suggestion for the wife and other members of the family who are always desperate for what to by the "motorcycle gear blogger who (they insist) has everything". Yes, Daddy wants.

I currently use the N100E Nolan helmet, which is the older version of the N102. Its like this one only without the communications pocket in the side, (which, while I can see how many folks would benefit, I wouldn't use anyway, I hate cell phones and distractions when I'm riding) or the nifty, and this is one reason I'd upgrade (if I didn't get a product REVIEW), sun visor extra shield. I've messed around with the helmet in a store it looks like a great feature. Particularly since I wear glasses and I always seem to forget my sunglasses when I go out riding. The visor flips up out of the way when you don't need it, but handy when you take that left turn into the bright sunshine. Another feature is an improved one touch release for the flip up face. The one I have now has a "smart release" lever on the side, which gets stuck a little, but the new one opens like a charm with a pinch lever system under your chin instead of out to the side. A thumb and forefinger and you're good to chat, eat, have a ciggy, whatever.

If you've never had a flip up helmet (sometimes called Modular Helmet) that opens at the front. I recommend it too. It's great for a quick bite to eat, handy if you get claustrophobic, handy if you stop to talk to someone quickly, like say, to ask quick directions. There aren't nearly as many graphic designs available in flip up but this particular one comes in quite some solid colors, like the yellow one above, and graphic designs. Follow the product link below to see the variety available.

The N-Com system, if I understand it correctly let's you place a bluetooth gadget in the compartment (you can see the compartment in the picture just under the pivot) and this lets you talk via your blue tooth mobile phone to your spouse at home, or if the spouse is on the back, via a two way hook up. Good God, now I'm sure I'd never use this feature! If it came equipped with the phone, there would be no place remaining on earth where I could get away.

I found the helmet on sale at Motorcycle Superstore . The solid colors are reduced from $349USD to $314.00 at time of writing.  Here's the direct link to the product Nolan N102 Solid N-COM Helmet . And as a further bonus, right now, if you jump at the sale, or purchase any product (over a certain amount) using the eBillMe method at Motorcycle Superstore, you'll get a free $20.00 US gas card, which'll make you're cager buddies even more envious of your lifestyle choice.

Nolan is an Italian company and sponsors of riders such as the current MotoGP champion Casey Stoner. I'll be featuring the Stoner replica Helmet in a future article, but you can find it yourself at the Motorcycle Superstore link above. You'll also find any number of accessories for the helmet.

And if you're reading this, fine folks at Nolan, I can't wrap you up any more. I love my Nolan helmet, but I'd be happy to have an updated version (Cab Yellow - like the pic - Large) to, er, review. :)

Godspeed on all your motorcycle adventures, Cvetko Ostroznik.

Check out more Motorcycle Accessories Entries

Here's what the advertising blurb that comes with this hard hat says:

"N102 Solid N-COM Helmet from Nolan Ready for N-COM communication system. Aerodynamic polycarbonate shell with built-in spoiler for improved stability. Pivoting chinbar with stainless steel latching mechanism. Safety dual-action Centromatic release system. VPS (Vision Protection System) - short dark shield mounted on outside of the shell and moving independently from the clear shield with 3 positions. Fully removable and washable interior on snaps and tabs Removable cheek pads Extra neck roll for wind-noise reduction Sanitized anti-microbial hypoallergenic interior Easier to open JSW top vent Optically correct, tool-less quick-change Lexan® faceshield, offers UV 400 Protection Multi-position anti-scratch shield accepts NFR antifog insert (included) Chin curtain included Microlock (adjustable Quick release) retension system Sanitized antimicrobial hypoallergenic interior Velour chin strap padding DOT approved"

 

Related Links: