MV Agusta Brutale 910 R

Bikes I like: MV Agusta Brutale 910 (2007)

silverstonegrandprixcities Here's the third installment of the Bikes I Like feature at the Motorcycle Gear Store blog. And I think this time we're into dreaming, ga-ga land, for there are fewer more intimidating looking, sleek and beautiful motorcycles in the world than the MV Agusta Brutale 910. IMHO.

When I was looking for a new bike last year I had the opportunity to ride the 2006 910 (a very nice MV Agusta traditional livery silver and red 910 special edition) and that on its own was such an amazing trip along the highway that I thought I'd better put a few more installments on my life insurance policy before I considered putting that in my stable. Beautiful no doubt, but even without the R specs upgrade, the thing had wings and almost ripped my arms out of their sockets!

And I'm kind of glad because the next year the 910 came in orange and I would have kicked myself a thousand times for not waiting. Still, note to kids, this... (as pictured, in Orange  - exactly like this one)  is what Daddy wants for Christmas. MSRP is - just - $14,495 - Which is about half of what I gave you little dweebs in allowance this year!

2007_MV_Brutale_910_S_3_w

Click the pic for wallpaper sized version of this pic. And a closer look at many models of the Brutale from the MV Agusta Gallery at Top Gear.com.

Here are some tech specs for the 2008 MV Agusta 910 S

lifted from the MV Agusta Website Brutale Page about the bike

  • 909.1cc liquid cooled inline four cylinder powerplant
  • 76.0mm x 50.1mm bore/stroke with 13:1 compression ratio
  • 136 HP @11,000 RPM - 70.8 ft/lb Torque @7,900 RPM
  • Chrome-Molybdenum Steel Tubular Frame
  • 50MM Marzocchi Magnum upside-down front forks
  • SACHS rear single shock w/ rebound, compression and preload adjustment
  • Nissin brake calipers: 6-piston front w/ 2x 310mm discs and 2-piston rear w/210mm disc
  • For 2008 the folks at the Varese Factory in Italy lifted the horsepower to 154bph. Ay, Caramba! Very Scary Stuff. This was, as I understand it, in prep for the World Superbike Assault in 2009 (check link for racing dates and travel info). The bike's already in use in the U.S. AMA Superbike Series.  For more about the 1078RR see the second video at the end of this posting.

    Godspeed on all your motorcycle adventures, Cvetko Ostroznik.

    Related links:

    • MV Agusta Online - Motorcycle Art (where you can see the 2009 version of this beastly motorcycle the 1078 RR)
    • Check out the Top Speed MV Agusta Brutale 1078 RR Article (with engine note video)
    • A Dutch Forum Sporthoj.comm  where they voted for the best streetfighter from a collection of bikes I really like. The Benelli Cafe 1130 Racer won that little poll, but the Brutale did itself proud. 
    • Find a whole bunch of motorcycle wallpapers at bikewalls.com
    • Need a hotel in Varese Italy? For your visit to the MV Agusta Factory to pick up your new ride...???????

    And a little promotional video of the MV Agusta 910 2006

    and a review video of the 2008 MV Agusta 1087 RR

    From Motor Cycle News UK at YouTube.

     

    Got a bike you like, let me know in the comments. Just do me a favor and wipe up the drool after you've posted.  ;)